One of my friends on Facebook, Melissa Haupt, shared that she was reading A Confident Heart, How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises. The book sounded very interesting to me so I contacted the publisher at www.reneeswope.com. I wanted an opportunity to review the book and include a giveaway to our Heartbeat Magazine readers. They were so sweet and soon I had the book at my doorstep. I loved how Renee entwined stories from the bible with her every day life. When she had struggles, she was able to see how the people from the bible overcame their obstacles and we could too. She also ended each chapter with a review of what lessons were discussed, how to apply it in our life, and then finished with a prayer.
Here are 15 of my favorite quotes throughout the book...
1. Whatever you have done, or will do, God still loves you and he forgives you.
2. God's Spirit will convict you, but his heart will never condemn you.
3. Find the gold in our children.
4. Mining for gold in the heart of our children.
5. God never intended for us to compete with each other. He wants us to complete one another, celebrating & encouraging each other's strengths while discovering who he created us to be.
6. Think about the things that make your heart come alive.
7. Your heart is the core of who you are, the truest you.
8. Eliminating constraints or excuses often reveals our heart's desire.
9. "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." - Prov. 4:23NLT
10. Psalm 37:4 says to "take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
11. But just as a target is designed to narrow the aim of an arrow, God uses the desires of our hearts to narrow the focus of where He wants our lives to make a mark for eternity.
12. You have something to offer that can make a difference in others' lives.
13. It is important to focus on what we have instead of what we don't have.
14. A woman with a confident heart chooses to believe that God wants to make an impact through her life, and she looks for ways to let him.
15. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
I have truly enjoyed reading the book and would love to share it with someone that is looking to learn about developing A Confident Heart! Enter as often as you like and I hope you win:)