Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Art of Work by Jeff Goins Book Review

I'm a part of BookLookBloggers and whenever I finish a book I provide a review and then get to choose another book.  It's a Win, Win situation!  This month I chose, The Art of Work by Jeff Goins.

I enjoyed the stories in the book and how the author tied them into real life situations.  Here are a few of my highlights:

Writing this book illuminated my own understanding of how purpose and vocation work together.

Pining for what could have been only holds people back from living their lives now.  Life is full of surprises, and it doesn't help us to fixate on regrets or try to recover what has been lost.

More people are watching your life and...are gaining strength in their own lives and in their own challenges because of what you're going through.  I promise you:  your life matters, your life is significant and things are happening that you don't even fully understand yourself.

Frankl's memoir, Man's Search for Meaning, became one of the most popular book of the twentieth century, affecting millions of lives.  

In any great narrative, there is a moment when a character must decide to become more than a bystander.

To learn more on the author:  www.goinswriter.com

Recently I received an email from one of my readers and they suggested a link with a guide for freelancers.  Here is the link to that resource. https://www.websiteplanet.com/blog/ultimate-guide-to-being-a-freelancer/


Thanks for stopping by, leave me a comment and your blog and I'll be sure to visit.

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...